Friday, August 28, 2009

Are You Sabotaging Your Financial Well-Being? -By Maria Gamb, "The Anti-Sabotage Expert"

Recently I was asked what the number one concern was amongst clients. Invariably, in just about every session I give the question of money comes up. The context varies from person to person. However what I’ve observed is that there seems to be a general anxiety about money; where to get it, how to increase it, how to secure more for the future and how to manage it.

Rather than talking about how, what & where to invest – I will leave that to an Investment Expert – let's back up a bit. What do you think about money? Is it delightful or a pain to have to deal with? Do you enjoy others success or do you resent them? Do you spend that bounty the minute it hits your hand (or even before it does)? The answer to all these questions goes back directly to how you think about money.

What does Money have to do with your thoughts? No matter how passive you think thoughts are, there really are no passive thoughts. What’s in your head, is what you speak. And from those thoughts and words you are creating your circumstance. It’s your choice to decide the kind of financial reality you want to live in. What do you *really* think you deserve? You can choose a life of disappointment and lack where your thoughts will sabotage your attempts at financial independence. Or you can look at the sabotaging patterns that may be occurring and make a conscious decision to change them. If I were you I would choose CHANGE! : )

My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds.
My harvest will be either flower or weeds.
-Mel Weldon
There are MANY limiting beliefs (thoughts) relating to money. I will touch briefly on one set of common limiting beliefs that sabotage many female entrepreneurs and highly-motivated professionals.
Money is Hard to Manage:
Common Statements that Support this Thought:
  • I’m not smart enough to know how to handle money
  • If I had money I would probably blow it all in a minute
  • If I make a lot of money I would have to invest in the stock market & I have no clue how to andle that. You know how everyone loses money doing that!

These statements are most common in women. This is purely my experience. Most women, even today, still bear the thought that they are incapable of handling their own money and making wise investment decisions.

One of the most interesting examples of this was a client I worked with who told me through tears that she was “too stupid” to know how to handle money. “Women don’t handle money, men do” she told me, then added, “Men are the powerful ones, men take care of the money.” I was actually quite surprised by these statements, as she was merely a woman in her early 40’s.

My intuition kicked in and I asked her what she did for a living. Her reply? She sells insurance & does financial planning for families. All at once we both began laughing. She trusted herself to deal with others financial planning but not her own.

Immediately she realized the insanity of her thinking. This was how she had been sabotaging her own financial freedom. She needed to get unstuck by changing her thoughts and actually own her financial intelligence.

How are YOU sabotaging your financial well being?
Wishing you abundance & success!

ABOUT THE GUEST AUTHOR:
Maria Gamb, a.k.a. “The Anti-Sabotage Expert,” coaches female entrepreneurs and other highly motivated professionals to overcome self-sabotaging limiting beliefs about money, relationships and success allowing them to live abundant & successful lives without boundaries. Join FR*EE [No More Sabotage!] TODAY & receive the FR*EE Special Report “The Top 5 Reasons Your Financial Flow May be Stunted…and how to correct them” go here:
http://www.iwisdomconsulting.com/SpecialReport.htm

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP